shabbyblogs

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Excuse me while I hug all of my furniture

   In one day, a team of burly and hopefully equally considerate men are going to box up everything in our house and put it in giant crates to be shipped to England, where they will sit and loyally await our arrival. Is this really my life right now? So much has happened in the past five months at this base, and yet it feels like we are just now getting settled. We haven't even ridden one of those weird aqua tricycles on the beach... :( Woe is us.

   While patiently waiting to be temporarily stripped of our belongings, I've been trying my best to wrap my mind around what is going on. To be honest with you, I'm not exactly sure how any of this has happened. I'm still reeling from the fact that I' married to an Airman. Kyle deciding that he wanted to join the Air Force when we were dating: Total Surprise. Kyle putting England as his top choice assignment: Total and utter surprise. Kyle getting his top pick: How is that possible?  We found out that we were going to England on the same day I discovered that I had miscarried, which I chalk up whole-heartedly to divine providence. God knew that we needed something to occupy our minds, and handed us an adventure.

   The adventure will be bittersweet. In about a week, we will leave the coast to visit family for as long as we can, making every effort to force time to stand still so we can really cherish it. We are both extremely attached to the family we share and knowing that we will be so far away is going to be difficult. My family is a big part of why I love England. In some ways, moving back will be much like greeting an old friend, but for the most part it will be a completely new and unexplored chapter for both of us. However, we are excited. This is, after all, what we signed up for. Our greatest hope is that people come and visit us so that we can share our adventure with others.

   Right now, Kyle is in the garage, replacing the control arms on the Jeep, so that its suspension can survive three years in England. We are going to have it shipped from Atlanta and meet up with it when we arrive.. hopefully.

      There is a lot more to think about, but since time is already going a little too fast, I think I'll leave it for later. Details can wait. Right now, I want to be excited about seeing family. :)
   (East Hall: The first place my family stayed in England that felt like home.)

No comments:

Post a Comment