shabbyblogs

Saturday, April 13, 2013

First REAL day in England

We didn't end up going to Ely today because we had to wait for our American car insurance agency people to wake up and go to work, so that we could get insurance on our rental car. By the time we got our rental car, it was around 4 pm. They gave us a station wagon, because it was one of the only cars they had left. It was a bigger vehicle than we had hoped to learn on, but we took it. Kyle was the first to drive and I only had to say "Left side.. Left siiiide" once, and then he got the hang of it. We drove to Bury St. Edmunds and walked around. I had my first cornish pasty in 6 years and it was amazing. We finally felt like we were in England and that the adventure had really started. We were in a bit of a hurry, but we got to see what was around town and check out the cathedral for a bit. Tomorrow we will head to Ely straight after church. So excited! It will be good to be at a place that I know like the back of my hand. All of this haphazard navigating can get old.
  I hope everyone is doing well!! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment