shabbyblogs

Thursday, April 11, 2013

   I got a dentist appointment for 0910 tomorrow!!! Perserverence is finally prevailing... I hope. They told me yesterday that I wouldn't be able to be seen until May 13th, so going in person to talk to them definitely did the trick. I also got a library card today and feel more accomplished than I have since we arrived.  The past two days have been filled with briefings, which have been informative, but long. We probably could have avoided about half of them by telling them that we don't drink at all. ... but oh well.
   We took our English drivers tests yesterday, after having to study a book on the UK Highway code, and attending a class. I'm just going to go ahead and brag for a second because I was so worried I wouldn't pass, and would have to retest. I got a 96. Kyle got a 92. I beat him. I beat Kyle. The only thing I EVER beat Kyle in is word games.... and a couple times in mini golf, so I am a happy camper. We are a competitive couple, which I am just going to pretend is healthy. We think I might have even gotten the highest score in class, but aren't sure on that one. Anyway, we are going to pick up our liscenses later today.
   Tomorrow, we are meeting with housing to talk about when we can move into our house. We are hoping as soon as possible. Being new to base and living in temporary lodging does something to your psyche as a military spouse. I don't like feeling completely uprooted. We will take pictures as soon as we can. We think it's cute. :) It has a big back yard, two bedrooms, lots of closet space... and that is pretty much all we know about it right now, but we are excited.
   We are trying to save as much money as we can since moving here takes so much (even though we get reimbursed a lot of it), so we are waiting until tomorrow to rent a car. That way, we can drive ourselves to church, and then go exploring to Ely, Thetford, Bury St. Edmunds, or wherever we want to during the weekend. Not having a car makes living in England very depressing. We are trying to see if maybe Kyle can carpool with other people coming to base for work, so we will only have to rent a car during weekeneds. The families who live on Feltwell seem to be really helpful, so it should work out. I guess that is as much of an update as I can offer, for right now, but I'll try again tomorrow after our appointments. We love you all!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment