shabbyblogs

Friday, April 12, 2013

Progress!

   My dentist, though he looks like a 5 year old, gives me hope. He took x-rays, listened to my whole story, did a freeze test (awful.), and told me that he doesn't think the problem is in my teeth. He said he thinks that the fillings I had done look good and that the problem is something pressing on the nerve... either a stressed out muscle, a tumor, or a blood vessel... or possibly a TMJ problem, even though he doesn't see a problem with the actual joint. He admitted that it confused him and that I'll probably need to expect to come back pretty regularly until we can figure it out. I'm going back on Monday for us to talk about it some more. The fact that I'm not clenching in my sleep anymore is a good sign, though.
   We are moving into our house on Wednesday!! We will also get our loaner furniture on that same day to hold us over until our own furniture gets here. Tomorrow, we are wanting to drive down to Ely and explore around the cathedral and town. We're excited because we both think that it will finally feel like we are in England once we get there. So far, we have mostly just felt stuck on base. We have been walking around a lot, bowling, and watching movies. (Last night we watched The Gods Must be Crazy I and II.) We are definitely ready to get off base.
    The man who did our driving briefing definitely knocked the fear into us. Apparently, 1 to 4 people from the base die trying to drive on roads around this area every year. I know Mom, Denny, and I will always remember witnessing those two girls crash their car into the river and only one of them making it out. We knew the roads were treacherous, but I had never heard the odds regarding base personnel before. Scary stuff. We promise to be as careful as possible, and always ride together when we can. I'm glad that our house will be a straight 10 min shot from base.
    I will try my best to update on our Ely adventure tomorrow night. So excited!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment