shabbyblogs

Monday, April 15, 2013

Going Home

Ely was amazing. We went to Watersides, and walked around for a long time. I wanted to go to Hennessey's for fish and chips, but to my horror, found it closed down... so we went and had mediocre fish and chips at The Lamb. After that we went to the cathedral for Evensong and walked around. Kyle could not believe how big the cathedral was. I told him about how Dad stood at the giant golden eagle lectern and played a practical joke on the other Chaplains while he said the Thanksgiving service prayer one year. I bet Marmie remembers that story. :)
   After we left the cathedral, I took him by Oliver Cromwell's house, and then we drove to our old neighborhood. It is full of new housing, except for our old street. In a few more years it will probably be completely unrecognizable. Our old house was vacant, so we were able to go into the back yard and look in the windows. So many memories. I think I told Kyle 20 different stories.
   I went back to the dentist today and he said that I need to get 2 fillings completely replaced ... but I have to wait a month to do it.. so one more month of drinking through straws and eating soft, lukewarm food. Oh well.
   I have been thinking about the issue of communicating with people back home and probably the best way to solve it would be heytell, since it still works fine, and doesn't cost any money... so if you have a smartphone or an ipad, just download the app and add me through facebook, and we can send voice messages back and forth. (Kind of like voice text messages for those who havent heard of it,) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment